[Q] Mail to news gateway software

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Sun Jul 8 11:13:10 BST 2001

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 01:15:55PM +0100, Jonathan Belson wrote:
> Hiya
>

> I've just been looking into setting up a mail to news
> gateway to make it easier to keep up with the mailing
> lists I get.
>
> I've had a rummage through the ports collection but I
> haven't been able to find an all-in-one solution -
> anyone know if there is such a thing?
>
> The alternative would be a program to selectively
> download from a pop server, convert the mails to
> usenet format then send to a local news server. Have
> any of you guys ever done this?
>
> Cheers,

You might want to look at the Perl module Mail::Audit (look on CPAN for it
http://www.cpan.org), for as well as being a fetchmail/procmail replacement,
it does exactly what you want.

I haven't got around to using it myself, though following a presentation from
the author, Simon Couzens, I definitely intend to.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited
neil at yacsc.com