IDE RAID / USB ADSL q's (Going slightly OT)

Mark Hughes mark at dvdnews.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 14:27:49 BST 2001

> > As an aside Demon also provide static IP's and SMTP mail but as I dont
know
> > anyone with ADSL which isnt using BTopenworld I couldnt comment as to
how
> > good there ADSL service is.
> >

> [snip]
>
> BTopenworld supply static IPs for business customers and newly
> subscribing home users for an additional monthly charge.

Out of interest, how are you with BT Openworld finding the service? I've
heard a lot of people complain about it (mostly gamers it has to be said),
but from a non-gaming point of view how is the service?

I ask as I've just ordered it myself....install day 17th July, then I've
got the fun of setting up my FreeBSD box to use it, which should actually
be fairly painless it seems from what's been said here.

Knowing my luck I'll end up with a different manufacturers USB ADSL
thingy....

Regards,
Mark