USB printer.

Nick Hibma n_hibma at qubesoft.com
Thu Jul 5 10:07:40 BST 2001

Could you compile the driver with debugging switched on? Just add

	#define ULPT_DEBUG

to the very top of the file.

And change

	int     ulptdebug = 0;

	int     ulptdebug = 5

Check that no other driver or program (like lpd) has /dev/ulpt0 opened.

Do you see a long delay (16 seconds) on opening the device? A thing you
could try is increase TIMEOUT at the top of the file.  hz*16 means 16
seconds. Change that to a higher value and see whether that solves the
problem.

If you do not see a long delay and there is only one program having the
port open, I have no clue why it should return EBUSY. :-(

Brian, if you have one of those printers, I think our next FSL meeting
should either be at your place or in Bicester and I pass by your place
first ... :-)

I'll try and patch the most recent version of the ulpt driver from
NetBSD across.

Nick

--
Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma at qubesoft.com                              n_hibma at webweaving.org
                                                     n_hibma at freebsd.org
http://www.qubesoft.com/                   http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/