(no subject)

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Jan 31 16:07:11 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 04:45:31PM +0100, Zivkovic Jovica wrote:

> I'm a newbie with a FreeBSD. Need help with adding devices UMAX ASTRA
> 1220P, and SB Live (creative). Does someone have any expirience of
> installing this devices on BSD and does any possible chances to make
> them work.

Dunno about the SBLive, but you want SANE (http://www.mostang.com/sane/)
for the scanner. Having a poke it seems the 1220P is sort of supported
(the 1220S is fully supported). Take a look at:

http://umax1220p.sourceforge.net/

The version of SANE in the ports collection doesn't appear to support
parallel port devices as it wants ioperm, but I hacked it to use /dev/io
instead and got my Mustek parallel port clone working fine. Need to
check I did the right thing and submit a patch I guess.

J.

--
                     "F**k a duck." -- Walt Disney
      Ask me about server collocation - info at blackcatnetworks.co.uk