terminal servers + freebsd firewall

Rich Wood rich at dynamite.org
Wed Jan 24 21:51:45 GMT 2001

On 24 Jan 2001, at 17:21, David Richards wrote:

> Hi
>    has anyone managed to have terminal servers running and having a
>    firewall
> up ?

Yup. The magic words are "port 3389".

>I have been giving the task of setting up a firewall that will
> allow ppl to use the terminal servers. Also we have an exchange server
> and they want to be able to access their email throught the web side
> of exchange.

Done that as well. Nothing more complicated than allowing access via
port 80, once the server end is up and running.

> Has any had the same type of task ? Any one know of any
> information on the internet that will help me. I have the firewall
> setup and running. I just need to change it to allow the terminal
> server traffice through

Hopefully, I'll remember to elaborate a little more when I'm at work
tomorrow (and hopefully sober, which I'm not at the moment).

Rich

--
rich at dynamite.org                 rich at FreeBSD.org.uk
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane