Intel NetPort

admin user kevin at rainford.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:27:36 GMT 2001

On 18 Jan 2001, at 14:14, David Proffitt wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have been given an Intel Netport II print server
>
> I'd like to be able to print to it from my FreeBSD box
>
> I understand it can service NetWare print queues
>
> I am assuming that I should be looking at mars_nwe to try to get this
> working?
>
> Has anyone any experience of any of these devices?
>

> David

The Netport II Print Server only supports printing on Novell 3.1x and
limited functionality 4.x (bindery mode only) the product was
discontinued early 1996. Do you have such a server? if so it is
possible to setup Unix to Netware printing. { I do the reverse here }
but without a netware server you will not get this to work the only
protocol it understands is IPX  802.3 or 802.2
Kevin