FreeBSD CD's ? [OT]

Richard Smith rdls at rdls.net
Thu Jan 18 13:51:32 GMT 2001

Wesley Mason wrote:

> This is offtopic from the current subscription thread, but I have been
> considering signing up for a FreeBSD subscription and I was wondering if
> anyone here had had price problems with shipping, being in the UK, as I have
> used BSDi for some FreeBSD merchandise in the past and got stung with DHL
> shipping and than import duties because of the ports DHL went through?

I use airmail for my subscription, and I cannot recall ever paying duty.

I have paid duty in the past for more expensive imports, using both DHL
and airmail. [With the latter, the postman leaves a note for you to
collect the parcel from the sorting office (with your wallet)]

Richard.

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp