Reading the Routing Tables

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Sun Jan 14 16:44:14 GMT 2001

Hi all

I need to read the IP Routing Table into a userland program
but it seems I can only read it (from kvm) if I'm root or
my application is set-user-id and owned by root.

This is a bit of a problem.

I need to read the Routing Table in the OpenH323 libraries
for the H323 VideoPhone Proxy I'm porting.

But I don't want the library or the proxy to be owned by root if
possible.

Linux seems to get around this by reading from /proc/net/route
but we don't have in FreeBSD.

Do any of the programmers our there have any ideas?

Cheers
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.
roger at cs.strath.ac.uk