How/when does uscanner create the entries in /dev

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at plasm.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 14 11:30:39 GMT 2001

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 11:03:26AM +0000, Roger McCalman wrote:

> I am wondering what the correct way of doing this is as I really want to use
> the scanner on a different machine.

Any device file should be created using the MAKEDEV makefile: eg. for your
purposes

/dev/MAKEDEV uscanner0

There is a devfs filesystem in the works, which will present a
dynamically generated view of the devices known to the kernel,
analogous to the way that the procfs filesystem shows the process
table, but it's not ready yet for general use.

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                          26 The Paddocks
                                                         Savill Way