Exchange Server replacement?

Michael Saunby mike at chook.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 13:07:38 GMT 2001

I thought the trend for 2001 was supposed to be that SMEs would be moving to
ASPs for Exchange and similar services?  I know it's not exchange, but
www.palm.net will sychronise calendars, etc. with Outlook as well as Palm.

For an ASP providing Exchange try www.applications2go.com.

OK, I can see I'm going to be called a traitor for not suggesting an Open
Source ASP.  Well are there any?  Pehaps it's something we should build.  An
opportunity for folks to try out FreeBSD applications over a Web interface
to save the trouble of installing FreeBSD just to see what it can do.  For a
X11 to Java/Web translator try Tarantella - www.sco.com.

Michael Saunby