How to reset/re-detect PS2 mouse

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 21:17:56 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 09:07:55PM +0000, Richard Smith wrote:
> Roger McCalman wrote:
> >
> > My 4.2-Stable box has forgotten that it has a PS/2 mouse. In order
> > to recover it I attempted to restart moused but got the message
> > /dev/psm0: device not configured.
>
> Did this happen during a reboot or did /dev/psm0 just spontaneously
> disappear?

I was moving another box connected to the same switch, it is running RH 6.0 and
I unplugged the monitor, keyboard and mouse connectors relocated the cables. It was
not the selected port on the switch at the time.

When I tried to use the mouse again it had frozen.

> Resetting moused: yes, resetting the device driver: don't know

moused can't find the /dev/psm again.

Cheers, Roger