Wireless NIC supplier?

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Wed Jan 3 14:11:16 GMT 2001

At 1:48 pm +0000 3/1/01, Paul Richards wrote:
>Neil Ford wrote:
>>

>>  >
>>  Umm... those prices are a rip-off! Sorry to be so blunt but I bought
>>  two Orinoco Gold cards for something like =A3170 each (inc. V.A.T.). I
>>  can provide details of the supplier if required (though I know they
>>  are currently out of stock).
>
>Well, I'll have to eat some humble pie here.
>
>I spoke with the Lucent distributor this morning and prices have dropped
>dramatically in the last month. The current pricing is now much more
>reasonable.
>
>Silver =A394.20
>Gold   =A3109.20
>Residential gateway (3 users) =A3246

Wow the prices have dropped! Might be time to upgrade the Airport.
Anyone want a pukka Apple Airport card :-) or for that matter a
Lucent Siver Card (for it is those that are contained within the
Airport Base Station)?

>If anyone had wanted one I'd have found out the new prices when ordering
>and passed the savings on accordingly. We're not in the business of
>ripping off FreeBSD users, we're aiming to provide what they need and
>I'd originally looked into Wavelan cards a couple of months ago but
>since no-one had ordered any the prices had got out of date. My
>apologies.

My apologies to you too Paul, I in no way meant to infer that you
were ripping people off, rather that whoever you were getting them
from was charging over the odds. I know you guys are out to the best
you can for FreeBSD users.

Whilst for I wholeheartedly suggest people use FreeBSD Services Ltd
for their cards (I know I will be in future), if you do need an
alternate supplier I previously used Computer Connection
(www.compconnect.com, based in Ipswich) and got very good service.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford