Wireless NIC supplier?

Paul Richards paul at originative.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 20:36:52 GMT 2001

Brian Somers wrote:

> > John Murphy wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone know of a retail vendor of 802.11 PCI wireless network cards (which
> > > are known to work well with FreeBSD-4.2) in the uk?
> >
> > Yes, FreeBSD Services Ltd :-)
> >
> > What do you want specifically?
>
> Are the current prices for hubs and pci & pcmcia NICs reasonable ?
> If so, I'm interested in one each of all three :-)

Depends on what you think of as reasonable :-)

I've found out a little more info since last time you asked. There's a
residential version of the hub that's roughly £400. I'd have to check in
the morning what the exact price is because the dollar rate has been
varying a lot recently to our disadvantage.

Other prices:

ORiNOCO World PC Card- Silver                   £232
ORiNOCO PCI converter - base                    £89.7

Paul.