Apache web server

Serge serge at intraforum.net
Wed Feb 28 15:31:15 GMT 2001

At 13:51 28/02/2001, you wrote:
>I looking for BSD specific documentation on setting up a web server on a
>FreeBSD 4.2 machine. Extremely newbie to apache :o)

Web-based FreeBSD server administration products
(you can control your server using a web-browser):

http://www.webmin.com/webmin
you have to install Apache before installing Webmin

http://www.plesk.com
Plesk will install Apache and other sub-systems
on "clean" server (after fresh FreeBSD installation)

http://www.netmax.com
*too* many restrictions here (NetMax pretends to
be a server OS on its own), and it seems FreeBSD
line of Netmax is no longer supported, but
otherwise worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Serge