Firewall

Richard Smith rdls at rdls.net
Mon Feb 26 11:44:05 GMT 2001

David Richards wrote:

> Hi
>
>    I am trying to create a rule that will send packets coming from the
> internet, to an internal machine with the ip address of 192.168.1.3
>
> the rules that i have writen is
> ${fwcmd} add fwd tcp from any to 192.168.1.3 3389
> ${fwcmd} add fwd udp from any to 192.168.1.3 3389

Syntax error after `fwd'. According to man ipfw(8), the `fwd' action
should be followed by: ipaddr[,port].

IMHO, what your trying to do wont work anyway. Your trying to forward to
an RFC1918 address, you'ld have better luck doing the forwarding using
natd instead.

Richard.

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp