routing table

Richard Smith rdls at rdls.net
Wed Feb 21 15:47:42 GMT 2001

David Richards wrote:

> hi
>    today i was trying to change the default route and recieved this error
> darklands# route change default 194.73.89.1
> route: writing to routing socket: Disc quota exceeded
> change net default: gateway 194.73.89.1: Disc quota exceeded
> darklands#
>
> then i checked the quota root and i got this
> darklands# quota
> Disk quotas for user root (uid 0): none
> darklands#
>
> why did it tell that my disc quota was exceeded. This is in 4.2-release
>
> any ideas

I've seen this before, it has nothing to do with disk quotas, write(2)
fails and returns EDQUOT for some reason presumably for want of a more
representative error code.

Possible causes include: the specified IP address being unreachable.

Richard.

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp