Soundcards;

James Diss james at reftech.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 16:16:53 GMT 2001

Okay, I'm going to be a little vague because I don't have my FreeBSD box
here, I'm a beginner with *nix and a whole lot of other excuses.

The Freebsd box has been built with a custom kernel to add various sound
drivers (at last count I think it was pcm0 for a PCI 1024 Creative card),
but I suspect that I'm missing something about making devicenodes.

So the question is; what are devicenodes, what're they for and how do I
check that they're setup correctly?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

James D
Reference Technology