CVS

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Tue Feb 13 09:06:10 GMT 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:42:10PM +0000, Jason Corcoran wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to down load Mozilla source via cvs. I have set my cvsroot as
> stated on the FreeBSD.org link and tried to do a
>
> cvs checkout mozilla
>
> But it just sits there.
>
> I down loaded a front end of CVS and it asks me for a password, username is
> anoncvs, I leave it blank and again it just sits there. Could anyone point
> me to any error logs or tips I should try.

When it's just sitting there, it's probably recusring through the entire
directory structure on the other end to work ou what it should be doing.
It does take a long time.

You might want to make sure that you access the repository withe "-z9"
if you are working over a modem link, which may help a little.  To make
this the default create a ~/.cvsrc file, which contains the line "cvs
-z9".

It's long been one of my pet peeves with the mozilla project that they
don't support cvsup, which is a far more efficient mirroring tool.  :-(

-Dom