CVS

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 12 15:04:57 GMT 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:42:10PM +0000, Jason Corcoran wrote:
> I am trying to down load Mozilla source via cvs. I have set my cvsroot as
> stated on the FreeBSD.org link and tried to do a
>
> cvs checkout mozilla
>
> But it just sits there.
>
> I down loaded a front end of CVS and it asks me for a password, username is
> anoncvs, I leave it blank and again it just sits there. Could anyone point
> me to any error logs or tips I should try.

Assuming you have bpf enabled in your kernel config file, do something
like

    tcpdump -i <dev>

where <dev> is your network device (something like fxp0 if it's an
ethernet card, or tun0 if it's a PPP link), and look for traffic.

If you can, install trafshow from the ports tree, and do

   trafshow -i <dev>

instead.