More idiot friendly fdisk/disklabel?

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun Feb 4 20:21:02 GMT 2001

[No need to CC me, I read the list]

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 08:04:11PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 07:27:04PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > Having just managed to screw up my partition table and then getting to
> > rebuild it again I'm wondering if there's a more friendly version of
> > fdisk or disklabel out there. Something more akin to that supplied with
> > Linux - interactive. The FreeBSD varients are a learning experience, but
> > I keep almost giving myself a heart attack...
> Have you tried using sysinstall (/stand/sysinstall or
> /usr/sbin/sysinstall).  This contains a disk slice and label editor.

Yes, I originally set my system up using it and used it a few times
since. I don't currently have it anymore (though I could build it from
the source tree I guess). I found it didn't quite offer the level of
control I was after either. Perhaps just the slice and label editor out
of it would be close to what I want, but it seemed to be doing a bit
more hand holding than I wanted it to.

J.

--
Web [                        Know Thy User.                        ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by