setting global variables

Chris Raven c.raven at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Feb 3 09:28:01 GMT 2001

Hi,
I am trying to get JAVA 1.1.8 running under
FreeBSD 3.2 for a servlet named BrowserHawk
(http://www.browserhawk.com/) which requires it
(or similar).

The machine will be running BrowserHawk via
the Apache webserver.

There is no X server installed as this is a
console only machine so I need to test using
the supplied servlets through the WWW (none of
these is working). I am finding information
very hard to come by although, I did find out
how to set CLASSPATH finally .... but only on a
per-user basis  :o() !

My problem is this, I have set the PATH and
CLASSPATH variables for the usual login user in
the .profile file. But, I need to have these
variables work for all users both current and
future (including Apache and its affiliated
processes).

Which file should I be editing to set this global
PATH and CLASSPATH information? Does anyone know?

I have been battling with this for 3 days now and
getting nowhere anymore :o(

ANY help here would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris R.