Help !Possible solution?

Kaushik Datta kdatta at npd.hcltech.com
Mon Dec 24 06:29:09 GMT 2001

--------------D4840E499115041B74676389

Hello ,

   Thanks for your suggestions.Thanks to your son also !
   But I wonder if the problem is at all related to installation
   and finding some driver that already exists in the system.
   Probably I was a bit vague in my first mail.It is actually
   a project that we are into which involves writing the pseudo
   driver about which the description was there ! We have to
   design and code this problem.What I am looking for is a
   bit of idea about the design criterias for the pseudo driver and how
   & where it fits in the CAM architecture, SCSI subsystem.

   I appreciate your initiative anyways !

   Thanks,
   Kaushik

dbfpyro at gmx.net wrote:

> I tried to send this before but it didn't seem to get through, I think I
> left the site before it had properly uploaded maybe.
> I thought if you went back to the installation process and at the screen
> where you choose the drivers that are to be active that maybe there was more
> than one left then it would show up as a conflict.
> If that's the correct reason why the problem exists then you would have to
> start the installation programme again and choose the correct drivers,
> then, I'm not sure but I think you don't have to do the complete installation
> again you could just exit after that stage and it would be ok.
> The other possibility I thought of was to look at the configuration file for
> the kernel and search for something that activates a device like that, or
> maybe a pseudo device? and then # it out and recompile the kernel.
> I hope you find the answer.
> Another thing when I showed the problem to my son he said he had had to set up something
> like that in order to activate his cd burner on his notebook,
> I can't ask him at the moment unfortunately but maybe it rings a bell.
> ok.

--------------D4840E499115041B74676389

!</tt>
system.</tt>