FreeBSD Install config

Jonathan Perkin sketch at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:30:13 GMT 2001

On Wed Dec 19, 2001 at 05:18:34PM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:

> I'm not a big fan of loads of mountpoints (as you probably guessed),
> mainly because they're messy, painful to admin, and people always get
> it wrong.

Quite, I never saw the attraction of a mountpoint for pretty much
everything.  It just increases the chance of a bogon and having to
clutter things around.  / /var /usr and /home is a nice balance, and
I've yet to hit a problem with that layout.

You also end up with messy solaris-style df output with more than say
5 or 6 mounts :)

$0.02

--
 Jonathan Perkin - BBC Internet Services - <sketch at rd.bbc.co.uk>