dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 14 17:55:31 GMT 2001
On Friday 14 December 2001 5:49 pm, Patrick Heath wrote:
> sombody has managed to remove the following directories from /usr
> by a malformed rm -rf :(
> what can i do to get them back/repair the damage !
1. CVSup so you have a complete /usr/src
2. Build a new world and kernel
3. Install the new world and kernel
5. Use `mkdir' to create /usr/home/ and then make any user
directories. Make sure the user's directories are owned by the users
and not root.
6. Be more careful with rm :)
I'm sure if this will get you back /usr/include. If it doesnt that
can also be sorted. If you didn't make a backup yourself there is
almost no way you are going to get that data back.
> Any help greatly appreciated
More information about the Ukfreebsd