Social for people in the west?

Paul Robinson paul at akita.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 11:20:37 GMT 2001

On Tuesday 04 December 2001  7:57 pm, Tom Hukins wrote:

> I won't be able to get to the Cambridge meeting because the buses from
> here (Milton Keynes) stop just after 6pm.  I've just checked the
> Oxford timetable and it seems they're the same too, although I'm sure
> I remember travelling later a couple of years ago.

Typical Milton Keynes - everything closes down at 6pm. :-) What about trains?
There was a reasonable service going upto Oxford from MK IIRC, but not sure
about Cambridge.

> That's a bit of a pain, because I'm really near to both places.  I
> guess I need to avoid taking 8 months off work again and save up to
> buy a car. :-)

Indeed. I've resisted learning to drive and getting a car for a number of
years now, but it looks like I'm going have to get one sorted out early next
year for work, and of course the odd trip to watch some horses run around
jumping over stuff. :-)

> Maybe London would be a good idea, as it's easy for people to get
> there and back from lots of places down south.

Yeah, in fact even though I'm in Manchester, London is workable even for me -
2 hour journey down, 2 hours back - about the same as the daily commute I
used to do many moons ago, so I'm not fussed. :-)

Unfortunatly though, I'm not going to make the meeting tonight, even though
it's only a couple of hours on the train - working till a silly time tonight,
and I got in at 7:30 this morning, so I think a drink in my local and an
early night will be in order. Hope you all have a good time though.

--
Paul Robinson