Please clarify pipe command

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Sun Aug 26 11:03:52 BST 2001

The pipe *operator* is alive and well in FreeBSD.
Try "man sh"  or "man csh" for details. If you're interested
in the underlying system call, try "man 2 pipe".

In any case, the pipe operator described in your
unix guide should be precisely identical to the one
available in FreeBSD. These days, it ain't unix if ain't got
pipes.

One might argue that "Complete FreeBSD" should have
an explicit mention of pipes but they are a
standard Unix facility and I'm not sure
what the target audience for "Complete FreeBSD" is.

- Mark