Invoices in FreeBSD

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Fri Aug 17 13:05:49 BST 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:15:27PM +0100, Lee Johnston wrote:
> Just a little query... Basically I'm wanting to produce invoices
> automatically using FreeBSD. Just wondering if anyone has an experience
> in doing this, what's best for formatting the invoice?
>
> The information for the invoices will be held in a MySQL database, and
> I was wanting to do invoice runs every night. I had thought of using
> PHP/PDFLib to query the database and generate a PDF, which would then
> be printed... But this seems slightly over the top.

There's a python solution using PDF, called reportlab.

	http://www.reportlab.com

(Unfortunately, some of the demos appear to be offline right now)

It's open source, but you pay for help kind of thing.  I don't know
whether it's any good or not however, not having used it.  I just
remember reading about it's predecessor in my "Python Programming in
Win32" book (very handy book).

-Dom