Invoices in FreeBSD

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:33:03 BST 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:15:27PM +0100, Lee Johnston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a little query... Basically I'm wanting to produce invoices
> automatically using FreeBSD. Just wondering if anyone has an experience
> in doing this, what's best for formatting the invoice?

For many years (16) I have used a combination of sh, awk, sed, troff and
postscript to generate my invoices.

Each invoice is held in a small text file with tagged lines which
is grep'd, awk'd and then passed to troff using a template.

I also have the option of faxing the invoice via hylafax.

I assume you could always use ps2pdf to convert to a PDF file or use
nroff to convert to email etc.

Cheers, Roger