ssh

Neil Hoggarth njh at kernighan.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 23:11:39 BST 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 kevin at www.rainford.org.uk wrote:

> This is probably just me being brain dead but I've setup
> a 4.3 stable server to act as a gateway into the network using ssh.
> No problems getting a shell, keys are exchanged and all that but when I try
> a secure ftp connection it fails. The following is an extract from the
> workstation log

Does the server have sftp enabled? In OpenSSH this involves a line
in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (or equivelent) saying something like:

  Subsystem      sftp    /usr/libexec/sftp-server

Such a line is present in the default config file, but is commented out.
Note that you need to restart sshd to make changes to sshd_config active.

Regards,

Neil.