ssh

kevin at www.rainford.org.uk kevin at www.rainford.org.uk
Mon Aug 13 19:11:30 BST 2001

This is probably just me being brain dead but I've setup
a 4.3 stable server to act as a gateway into the network using ssh.
No problems getting a shell, keys are exchanged and all that but when I try
a secure ftp connection it fails. The following is an extract from the
workstation log

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 2000 version 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Remote host version:
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.3.0 green at FreeBSD.org 20010321

Negotiated Algorithms:
SSH2 - 3des-cbc - hmac-md5 - none

Connection Settings:
Encryption Algorithm: <Default>
MAC Algorithm: <Default>
Compression: <None>
Port Number: 22
Connect Through Firewall: No
Firewall: (Empty)
Firewall Port: 1080

Last 5 Messages displayed:
Message 1:
Failed to open a secure file transfer session.

some one point me in the right direction please
Regards
Kevin

This Message was sent from Rainford High Technology College
http://www.rainford.org.uk