Basic configuration problems.

Richard Smith rdls at satamatics.com
Sun Aug 12 20:00:20 BST 2001

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 09:15:35PM +0300, gabi veneat wrote:
> Tim Elwess wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Finally got hold of a network card that is on the supported list. Two
> > questions, firstly, I am currently starting the Pc card daemon manually, so
> > is there any way I can add this to my boot sequence, and if so, how?
> > Secondly, I need to access some files over the network that are on a
> > standard W98 machine. How do I do this? can anyone point me to a faq page,
> > man page or helpful website?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tim..

> 1.
> in /etc/rc.conf
>
> pccard_enable=YES
>
> pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
>
> change inet and netmask to fit your needs

-or-

pccard_ifconfig="DHCP"

> 2.
>
> sharitylight is an easy to use smbmount like utility

I tried sharitylight some time ago and its a bit buggy and (AFAIK not actively
developed), I decided to pay the money (well my last company did) and get the
full blown sharity which works very well.

Samba, however, _is_ rock solid. I tend to export shares from my FBSD box and
transfer files to/from it using the Windows box. OK, if both boxes are within
arms reach.

--
Richard Smith
Network Systems Director