Basic configuration problems.

gabi veneat gabi at abc.ro
Sun Aug 12 19:15:35 BST 2001

Tim Elwess wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Finally got hold of a network card that is on the supported list. Two
> questions, firstly, I am currently starting the Pc card daemon manually, so
> is there any way I can add this to my boot sequence, and if so, how?
> Secondly, I need to access some files over the network that are on a
> standard W98 machine. How do I do this? can anyone point me to a faq page,
> man page or helpful website?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim..

1.
in /etc/rc.conf

pccard_enable=YES

pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"

change inet and netmask to fit your needs

2.

sharitylight is an easy to use smbmount like utility

#cd /usr/ports/net/sharity-light/;make install clean

then

#shlight --help
will be pretty self-explanatory

gabi