Basic configuration problems.

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Sun Aug 12 16:51:54 BST 2001

I presume you're referring to a PCCARD network card.
just add

pccard_enable="YES"

to your /etc/rc.conf

and the quickest way to access windows files if you're exporting (sharing)
them is to install samba (/usr/ports/net/samba) and use smbclient
as a kind of ftp client. This is the least hassle for a one off,
but it's a bit tedious to do regularly.

If you're willing to invest a bit more work, I've been successfully
using smbfs (/usr/port/net/smbfs) to mount windows shares in my
local filesystem namespace. This requires a kernel module and a bit more
research but works fine so far.

- Mark