ipsec over wireless network

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 20:22:19 BST 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 06:13:13PM +0100, Jose Marques wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Roger McCalman wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I have now got the ipsec working between the 2 laptops, but
> > when packets go from lt1 (the laptop with no ethernet) to the rest of
> > the network via lt2 (the one with ethernet and internet connectivity)
> > no encryption is done.
>
> I think your setup is a lot more complicated than the one I wrote my
> script for ;->.  Can you let me know:
>
> a) What the %conf array looks like
my %conf = (
            'i-rogerlp' => {
                '10.10.1.1' => [ 'ah', 'esp' ],
            },
            'i-ruthlp' => {
                '10.11.1.1' => [ 'ah', 'esp' ],
            },
            );

> b) On which interface you're sniffing

I was sniffing on wi0 on lt1. I don't think I can run ipsec to all
hosts as the 192.168.1.1 is still running 2.2.8 and is a 486, I just
have not had the time to change all the config over to a later version
yet.

I only need to run ipsec over the wi interfaces to protect it from
evesdropping, all though I think this unlikely where I am at the
present.

Cheers, Roger