ipsec over wireless network

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 22:05:26 BST 2001

Jose,

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:50:53PM +0100, Jose Marques wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Roger McCalman wrote:
>
> > I have not found much into on how to configure ipsec and the attempts
> > I have made are so far not working.
>
> The following is a little script I wrote to create setkey configuration
> files.  It assumes that you want to use transport mode.

Thanks, I have now got the ipsec working between the 2 laptops, but when packets go
from lt1 (the laptop with no ethernet) to the rest of the network via lt2 (the one
with ethernet and internet connectivity) no encryption is done.

I have

lt1 wi0: 10.10.1.1
    ^

wi0: 10.11.1.1 lt2 ed1: 192.168.1.15
    ^

192.168.1.1 gateway
    ^

192.168.1.14 ISDN
    ^

Internet

and what I have tried is to pass all traffic from lt1 to lt2 that goes over the wi0
through ipsec.

lt1 has a default route of 10.11.1.1
and lt2 has a default route of 192.168.1.1

Cheers, Roger