the new system

Scott Mitchell scott.mitchell at mail.com
Mon Aug 6 23:30:44 BST 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:59:43PM +0100, David Richards wrote:
> I could get root :)
> but for a quick temp messure. Disable telnet until they fix it. I think ssh
> is better.

Absolutely.  SSH is part of the base FreeBSD install these days and
infinitely more secure than telnet or rsh... there's really no reason to
allow any other kind of remote login to a semi-public box like dogma.  All
IMHO of course, but every other system I have access to is ssh-only or uses
a VPN.

I hope I don't need to remind people that it would be a good idea to change
your password and any ssh keys you might have had on dogma...

	Scott