DNS problems with telnet/ftp/whois

Scott Mitchell scott.mitchell at mail.com
Mon Aug 6 23:09:29 BST 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 10:31:06PM +0100, Dan Sloane wrote:
> I'm having a problem with DNS lookups running on my 4.3-STABLE build with
> bind 8.2.3....

Very odd.  I have essentially the same setup here (also using ntlworld, my
server even has the same IP as yours :-)  The only differences I can see in
my setup are:

  - I have 'forward only' instead of 'forward first'.
  - I don't have a resolv.conf on the server (the resolver will query a
    local nameserver by default if it isn't told to do anything else).

I wouldn't have thought either of those would make much difference though.

I'm running 4.3-RELEASE here, with BIND-8.2.3 -- maybe this is a problem
with -STABLE?

	Scott