XDM and X

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sat Aug 4 15:00:52 BST 2001

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 02:42:44PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
>=20
> This hasn't suddenly changed in FreeBSD -- the -current/-stable branches
> have worked like this since at least the 2.x days.  It's always been the
> case that if you're using FreeBSD in a production environment you should
> deploy any new version on to test machines first, and make sure that
> it works in your environment.
>=20

I agree.  Over the years I've updated many production servers to
-stable, and of course periodically things break, I remember having
major difficulties when updates to the ahc driver caused regular panics
:)  On the otherhand the majority of changes to -stable are for
subsystems and rarely affect the stability of the entire machine.  For
my uses that was sufficient.

Joe

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL--