Affilliation with the UKUUG

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 1 04:39:53 BST 2001

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 05:04:21PM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Anyone got any objections if I spent some time investigating (and
> > probably getting) the FreeBSD UG affiliated with the UK Unix User Group?
> >=20
> > Every time this come up on the lists we go back and forth, and the
> > consensus seems to be that it's a good idea.  By the time we come to
> > this conclusion, no one's got the time left to do the work.
> >=20
> > I plan on just going and doing the work next week unless I get angry
> > complaints back.
>=20
> I was under the impression that such discussions were always reduced=20
> to ``how much does it cost to be a part of the UKUUG ?'' and ``what=20
> do you get for the money ?''.
>=20
> I believe the answers are ``something in the region of =A325.00/annum''=
=20
> and ``an email address'', but I could be wrong.

	* Newsletter
	* Conference proceedings
	* Discounts on books from publishers like O'Reilly
	* SIG and LUG memberships

It's GBP 35/annum (there are institutional and student memberships as
well, see ukuug.org).

I think the FreeBSD UG could become a Special Interest Group (SIG) of
the UKUUG.  That doesn't mean that every list member suddenly needs to
pay up GBP 35.  But it would help get greater promotion of FreeBSD among
the UK Unix Community.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv--