Patching programs (was Re: Authenticated SMTP - advice sought)

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Fri Apr 27 10:28:13 BST 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:54:50PM +0100, Neil Ford wrote:

[snip]

> The problem seesm to be that these don't work together out of the box. The
> port of DRAC doesn't seem to install properly and from what I've been able
> to gather from trawling various archives, some modification to the imapd and
> ipop3d daemons may be needed.

Okay, I've kind of answered my own question as I've found details on the
DRAC site on patching things like imapd and qpopper. However I've never
patched a thing in my life so am uncertain of the procedure.

Anyone care to provide some pointers?

If it helps, the pages I'm looking at are;

http://mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/pop.html

and specifically

http://mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/uw-imap2001-drac.txt

Thanks in advance,
Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited