Our mirrors

Gavin Atkinson gavin at ury.york.ac.uk
Sun Apr 22 23:53:41 BST 2001

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Sam Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Paul Civati wrote:
> > ftp4.uk.freebsd.org (Sunsite UK)
> >
> >   Doesn't appear to be mirroring FreeBSD at all any more!
>
> ftp> pwd
> 257 "/Mirrors/ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/FreeBSD" is current directory.
> ftp>
> It's not there either however.

That's because ftp.freesoftware.com - also ftp.freebsd.org - is down. Or
rather, it's network connection is down, lightning.net are having
"significant" problems and have had since thursday. No estimated repair
time either. Some ftp mirror sites do have it (I know ftp.ru.freebsd.org
does), but many don't. They have a temporary server running as
ftp.freebsd.org, but that's limited to 550 users and is nearly always
at this limit.
I have not been able to find the 4.3 ISO, but if someone can or has it,
email me and I'll cache it for people.

Gavin

--
  Life makes more sense when you realise that most other things don't.
 - - Gavin Atkinson  -  Head Of Computing  -  University Radio York - -