Cheap-ish SCSI card for CD-RW?

Scott Mitchell scott.mitchell at mail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:27:20 BST 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 09:27:58PM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:
> I wrote:
>
> > I put an Adaptec 2904 (AIC7880?) in my Win98 machine, I think it will
> > work with *BSD, non-bootable, ~35 quid.
>
> Now that I've had time to check, AIC7850.
>
> Should be supported according to ahc(4).
>
> -Paul-

Thanks to all who replied (on and off-list) for all the advice.  I went for
the Advansys card in the end, and managed to find last year's 24x8x8 speed
Yamaha CD-RW drive for just over £100.  Couldn't really see the point in
spending twice as much to write a disc in 5 minutes instead of 10!  So
assuming it all a) shows up and b) works I'll be a happy CD-burning bunny
again soon...

	Scott