ports

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Wed Apr 4 10:54:56 BST 2001

> > If it's just the old ports, maybe the problem is that they don't have
> > the right CVS sub-directories and therefore aren't updating properly ?
> >
> > This should be straight forward to fix.  If for example port
> > misc/uk-phone doesn't build:
> >
> >   cd /usr/ports/misc
> >   rm -fr uk-phone
> >   cvs update -PdA uk-phone
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean by running the whole process again.  If
> > you mean the cvsup followed by checkout, yes.  Both will just update
> > what's changed since the last time you did them.
> >

> when I try to run cvs update I get a no CVSROOT specified please

Sorry - I assumed you were running cvsup to get the repository itself
rather than running it with tag=. in your supfile.

> use the -d option. I've run cvsup again the timestamps on
> /usr/ports/<portname>  show that they are updating but I still get
> the same error when I try to do make at this point I am completely
> lost. Anyone got any ideas?

Can you confirm that you've

o Run cvsup (with tag=. in the supfile) to update /usr/src and
  /usr/ports

o Rebuilt and reinstalled your machine with some variants of
  ``make *world'' and ``make *kernel'' in /usr/src.

o Run mergemaster or otherwise fixed up your /etc directory

o Rebooted

o Tried to build a port.