ATAPI CD-RW & FreeBSD?

Roger McCalman roger at runcircle.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 22:31:26 BST 2001

I have use a Ricoh from dmesg

acd1: CD-RW <RICOH CD-R/RW MP7063A> at ata1-slave using PIO4

The only problem I have had is when I interrupt an operation to
the drive either using QUIT (^C) or ejecting the CD etc. Then you
have to re-boot in order to reset the ATAPI controller. I have
burnt both audio and data and mixed audio and data cd's using burncd
(and mkisofs).

Cheers, Roger