Installing apache

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Apr 2 16:01:55 BST 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:38:36PM +0000, Neil Ford wrote:

> I'm about to install Apache on a new box and was wondering what the current
> considered wisdom was about the best way to do this?
>
> I need;
>  - apache
>  - php
>  - ssl
>  - mod_perl (possibly)
>
> Is there a way to do this from ports or should I be doing it all from source?

FWIW my attitude to this sort of thing is to always do it from ports (or
packages) when ever I can. When I only ran one unix box it was easy
enough to keep track of what I had installed and which versions they
were. Move to more than that, doing different things, and it becomes
very useful to be able to make sure they're all running the same
versions and check whether there's a new version (or security fix)
available.

J.

--
Web [        I think he's a few bytes short of a checksum.         ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by