Installing apache

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon Apr 2 15:34:16 BST 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:46:31PM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:
> Neil Ford <neil at ourshack.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm about to install Apache on a new box and was wondering what the current
> > considered wisdom was about the best way to do this?
> >
> > Is there a way to do this from ports or should I be doing it all from source?
> > As always, any and all opinions appreciated.
>
> My preferred build method:
>
>   <URL:http://www.xciv.org/tech/apachebuild.html>
>
> YMMV.
>
> -Paul-

Thanks for that Paul.

As it happens, I probably should have taken a quick walk through /ur/ports/www
before posing the question. It now appears things have been made that little
bit easier.

Install apache13-modssl and then mod_php3 and mod_perl, this would now seem to
be the way to do it.

Off to experiment....

Neil.