Can you get Book PCs in the UK?

Aled Morris aledm at routers.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 18:52:30 BST 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Jonathan Bradshaw wrote:

>I'm looking to make a small router/firewall and what I'd like is a BookPC
>since it has a built in network card and modem etc. Now, in the US, they are
>pretty easy to get but I've not found anywhere in the UK.
>
>If you've not seen one.... here is a link to what I'm looking for:
>
>http://www.directron.com/bookpc.html

It looks a bit like an Elonex Prosentia BookPC.  On board Ethernet is
standard, you can downspec it to Celeron 566, delete the monitor, add an
internal modem and the standard 64MB DRAM/10GB IDE HDD would probably be
adequate for your application.

Three year warranty, £568 +VAT.

www.elonex.co.uk and follow the links through the showroom.

Aled

p.s. I've never used one, I have considered it for my living room, but my
partner would prefer a Mac cube.  Does anyone know if FreeBSD runs on the
Apple G4 platform?