Making world and other questions

Jonathan Perkin sketchy at netcraft.com
Wed Sep 27 10:18:00 BST 2000

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 01:07:56AM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:

> > How do I modify a ports configuation before it is compiled? eg, make Qt
> > 2 link in gif, licq use its KDE2 gui rather than Qt only, and get vim to
> > compile a gtk front end?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking here. The ports should build all
> dependencies for a program.

He means how does he pass on ./configure etc options to compile-in optional
features for that prog.  The answer?  less the Makefile and look for the
.if defined(HAVE_SUCHANDSUCH) directives, which you pass on to the make - so
in the case of building gvim for the vim port, you'd issue "make -DHAVE_GTK".

Jon