Installing SoundBlaster 16 PCI on FreeBSD 3.2?

David Marsh dm at viewport.co.uk
Sat Sep 23 11:04:54 BST 2000

On 23-Sep-00 Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 01:50:27AM +0100, David Marsh wrote:
>>

> I can't be certain that this is OK for 3.2, but make sure you have
>
>   device pcm
>
> in your kernel config file and comment out all the sb* stuff, rebuild
> your kernel, and let us know how you get on.

/usr/sbin/config gives a syntax error when I include 'device pcm' just
by itself.

I had previously tried:

device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x0

which was accepted happily, although this seemingly had no effect in
the kernel. This was a completely fabricated line that I'd hacked up
from either a Handbook page or from one of the help files I'd read
somewhere. (IRQ 11 is what my system BIOS reports the soundcard being
present at. I'm skeptical about the 'isa?' part (since it's a PCI card),
but don't know the correct syntax, and the rest of the line I didn't
change from where I found it, and I just don't know anything about at
all..)

David.

--
David Marsh,drmarsh at bigfoot.com | http://www.viewport.co.uk/          |
Glasgow, Scotland.              | If urgent, phone: +44 77-121-848-90 |