Compiling mySQL

Gary Brewer g.r.brewer at westminster.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 14:33:46 BST 2000

Guy,

I also ran into the same sort of problems when trying to compile MySQL. My
problem was that whenever I arrived at the line which had the comment 'This
may take some time' it would not get past it even if I compiled
with --low-memory option or whatever it was I can't remember now.

The way around it is to download the binary distribution of MySQL which
linked from

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

as FreeBSD ELF (Intel) [unknown-freebsdelf4.1-i386]

Then follow the instructions in the binary file how to set it up.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Gary

--